Google recently published a holiday shopping checklist so that advertisers can prepare themselves for christmas shopping season. We have wrapped the tips up for you:
- Forecast your budget and set KPIs: You can, for example, look at your last year’s budget for the holidays.
- Set your promotional calendar: Decide what you want to promote when.
- Establish a crisis-response plan: i.e. who can fix what problem and how long does it take.
- Expand coverage of increased holiday queries: Do you have all seasonally relevant keywords in your account?
- Promote your best-converting ads: Stop A/B testing, pick your winner and convince users with your compelling ads.
- Prioritize your holiday merchandise and top-performers: Focus on products and keywords that will drive the most volume.
- Target on-the-go shoppers: Locally adjust your bids to mobile shoppers and engage users on the go with relevant ad extensions.
- Maximize the relevance of your ads: Use ad extensions like sitelinks to draw attention on your ads.
- Check you’re not going dark midday or mid-season: If budget is limited, watch your burn rate!
- Target easy-wins if you need more volume: Bid more aggressively on keywords or products that drive the most profit but have low impression share.
Happy and successful christmas season!